directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to turn of scary apacheds-rolling.log of 1.5.4
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:37:39 GMT
On 3/25/10 6:07 AM, Sudheer Kumar wrote:
> Ok, thank you.  However, I would like to know if those error messages are
> harmless?  Everytime an authentication happens we get the following error:
>
> [11:26:49]
> ERROR [org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultOidRegistry] -
> OID for
> name 'samaccountname' was not found within the OID registry
> [11:26:49]
> WARN [org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.context.SearchingOperationContext]
> - Requested attribute samaccountname does not exist in the schema, it will
> be ignored
> [11:26:49]
> ERROR [org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultOidRegistry] -
> OID for
> name 'javaremotelocation' was not found within the OID registry
>
> Do these errors cause any performance issues?

It costs to log data, but that should not be critical. Now, those errors
indicate that you are trying to access or inject data using some
AttributeType/ObjectClass which are not enabled in your server. If you
want to use those specific AT/OC; you have to enable the samba schema.

> Is this problem solved in 1.5.5 or later? if so which version?

Some of the scarry errors you posted in your previous mail have been
removed in the latest version. It was just a wrong log level usage.

The ones in this message are different (see my previous point).--

Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.nextury.com