directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: ApacheDS: Two questions: 1. Changing Default Naming Context 2. Samba
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 09:04:28 GMT
On 3/20/10 8:07 AM, Pramathesh Ambasta wrote:
> I am very new to both ldap and apacheds. I want to know:
> 1. How to change default naming context from  dc=example,dc=com to
> some other (whether it can be done)
You have to modify the server.xml file which contains the info.
> 2. How to use ApacheDS and Samba together.
I'm not sure I can answer such a vague question, but just in case, you
will have to enable the samba schema in apacheDS. The easiest way to do
so is to start Apache Directory Studio, connect to the server, open the
cn=samba,ou=schema entry and modify the m-disabled attribute to FALSE.

If you are new to ApacheDS, the best would be to use the embedded server
in Studio to do your experiment : you have access to the full
configuration, you can start and stop he server, and play with it in a
matter of seconds. When you are setup, just move the server.xml file to
your real server.

Hope it helps.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message