directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat, ApacheDS & Spring
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:55:46 GMT
Dan McLaughlin wrote:
> I followed this documentation to create the war
> http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx11/43-embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html
>
> Then I followed this documentation to create a partition ou=test
> http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx11/61-how-to-write-a-simple-custom-partition-for-apacheds.html
>
> I can see ou=test, but it's read only. Looking at the code in the
> documentation it's obvious why.

Ah, now I see. Yes it is obvious why, but it was not necessary to
implement a custom partition. Simply use the default implementation,
which is writable.

A source code on how to accomplish this is here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx11/41-embedding-apacheds-into-an-application.html

the method addPartition uses a JdbmPartition as implementation.

hope this helps.

For your question regarding reading the server.xml in order to setup the
server: I don't think there is a sample in the docs. But at least it is
possible to check the source code of the server itself to get inspired.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/installers/trunk/apacheds-noarch/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/Service.java

Hope this helps as well.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     StefanZ