directory-users mailing list archives

From Carl Myers <cmy...@palantirtech.com>
Subject Nested Groups and the Atlassian Crowd Connector
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:16:23 GMT
Hey all,

I am having some trouble with nested groups.  My application makes a
call to crowd (1.6.1), which then connects to ApacheDS 1.5.5 using the
ApacheDS15 connector.

The actual call made by my app is:
com.atlassian.crowd.integration.springsecurity.RemoteCrowdAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(Authentication

a)

The groups it gets back contain some, but not all, nested groups.  I
think this is a bug in either their connector or their spring security
code.  I know you guys are NOT Atlassian support, I have already filed a
bug on them to try and get this answered, but in the meantime, I was
thinking about what workarounds might be possible.

One workaround that occured to me is: Can ApacheDS be configured to
automatically flatten nested groups, and always return transitive members?

This would be a "quick but dirty fix" for my problem, but I'd take what
I could get.

Thanks!

--
Carl Myers
Palantir Technologies | Internal Tools Software Engineer