directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: client-api removed ? moved ?
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:33:31 GMT
On 3/8/10 10:57 PM, Thomas Cataldo wrote:
> Hi,
> Looking at your source repository, client-api was removed recently
> from directory-shared. I was trying to use it for some projects as a
> replacement of sun jndi or novell jldap.
> Is it gone for good ?
No, certainly not !

In fact, we moved it so that it's more visible. t has its own project
now, and will be released as 0.1 soon (probably this week).

Have a look at
> I couldn't get a simple search working against openldap but I tough
> the bug was in my code (openldap didn't understand the filter
> transmitted in my search, while being a simple (uid=*)).
> May I ask why it was removed or moved (where?) ?
> Any usable NIO based alternative to Sun JNDI ?
Many, but we are currently working with OpenDS people to get something

There is a dedicated mailing list :, and a
dedicated wiki :

As it's really a work in progress, if you feel like giving a hand, you
are more than welcome !

PS: We are currently moving all our internal tests to use this API, as
it's the best way to test it :)
> Regards,
> Thomas.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny