directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: memberOf attribute
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:48:33 GMT
I'd suggest you create a feature request in Jira [1] and you all can
vote on that feature request.

I think it can be implemented by a new interceptor and there are
differnt implementation strategies:

- The attribute can be added dynamically to search results. In that case
the interceptor needs to perform an additional search to find all groups
the user is member of and add the resulting group DNs to the search
result entry. This approach has impact to the search performance.

- The interceptor can modify the user entries whenever a group's member
attribute is modified. This approach has impact to write performance.

Of course you all are invited to implement such an interceptor.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER