directory-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DSM CD)" <Martin.Schust...@infineon.com>
Subject Re: memberOf attribute
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 14:51:04 GMT
Linus van Geuns wrote:
> [...]
> I guess, your web app was designed for M$ Active Directory, as it
> stores group memberships in the groups object AND in the users object
> using 'memberOf' attribute.
>
> Standard LDAP only stores group membership in the group objects.
> [...]
I'm working with a SunDS (modified Novell LDAP server afaik), and it
also has this feature, i.e. if you have a group

dn: cn=goodguys,dc=example,dc=com
uniqueMember: uid=superman,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com

then the entry for this user will automatically have a correct
"isMemberOf" attribute

dn: uid=superman,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
isMemberOf: cn=goodguys,dc=example,dc=com

If ApacheDS doesn't have this feature, it would be nice to have :)

br,
--
Infineon Technologies IT-Services GmbH   Martin.Schuster1@infineon.com
Lakeside B05, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria   Martin Schuster