directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Standalone & Webapp Examples not working with 1.5.6
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:55:55 GMT
hi Peter,

> My app is a layered OSGI app and I want to embed ApacheDS in an OSGI bundle.  I've noticed
some text about OSGI on the website - is that very far advanced?  If not, I'm happy to help
out... I'm not a big fan of Spring (I also think you can get "over frameworked") in the OSGI
space and so the config of ApacheDS looks like a prime candidate for some refactoring to use
the osgi config management facility at the same time it is registered as a service.  Is there
any interest for some help in that space?

excellent, we have just started our effort in this direction and we
have started to analyze the 'shared' module,
and you can join forces with us. just hang on #apache-directory-dev on
freenode whenever you can to catch us
online or use the dev mailing list.

Kiran Ayyagari