directory-users mailing list archives

From "Guofeng Zhang" <guof...@radvision.com>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Server 1.5.6 released !
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:16:07 GMT
I want to embed it in an application, but I do not want to use service.xml to configure it.
I want to use DefaultDirectoryService like what documented in the site about embedding ApacheDS.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot [mailto:pajbam@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:05 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Server 1.5.6 released !

Hi,

On 24 mars 2010, at 10:54, Guofeng Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (1)
> I download apacheds-1.5.6-setup.exe and install it on XP. But the service cannot be started.
I attached the log with this mail. Could you figure out what happened?

I'm going to look at it on my Windows VM.

> (2)
> I unzip the apacheds-1.5.6.zip, and launch it by running apacheds.bat, it launched properly.
But If I removed the "conf\server.xml" in command line and rerun apacheds.ds, I got the following
error:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: ERR_429 Not allowed to set
the wrappedPartition after initialization.
>        at org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.SchemaPartition.setWrappedPartition(SchemaPartition.java:138)
>        at org.apache.directory.server.configuration.ApacheDS.initSchema(ApacheDS.java:486)
>        at org.apache.directory.server.configuration.ApacheDS.startup(ApacheDS.java:124)
>        at org.apache.directory.server.Service.initLdap(Service.java:136)
>        at org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(Service.java:77)
>        at org.apache.directory.server.UberjarMain.main(UberjarMain.java:60)

Why would you try to remove the "conf\server.xml" parameter from the command line ?
Removing the path to the server configuration does not look a very good idea to me...