directory-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Backman <andr...@kontorsplatsen.se>
Subject Re: Kerberized SSH keeps asking for password
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 09:41:35 GMT
Thanks a lot!
It works now!

/Andreas

----- Ursprungligt meddelande -----
Från: "Stefan Seelmann" <seelmann@apache.org>
Till: users@directory.apache.org
Skickat: torsdag, 4 feb 2010 8:49:37 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam/Berlin/Bern/Rom/Stockholm/Wien
Ämne: Re: Kerberized SSH keeps asking for password

Quoting Andreas Backman <andreas@kontorsplatsen.se>:

> Thanks a lot for your reply! Somehow I missed that error.
>
> I removed my keytab and created a new one using your guide. But it
> seams to be something wrong with the keytab.
>
>> ktutil
> ktutil:  addent -password -p host/sa-1.base.kplatsen.local -k 1 -e
> des-cbc-md5
> Password for host/sa-1.base.kplatsen.local@KPLATSEN.LOCAL: (Entering
>  the password stored in the LDAP, for this entry)
>> kinit -k -t /etc/krb5.keytab host/sa-1.base.kplatsen.local@KPLATSEN.LOCAL
> kinit: Password incorrect while getting initial credentials

There must be something wrong with the password. Please make sure that
the <keyDerivationInterceptor/> in server.xml is active. Then delete
the krb5Key attributes from the entry and set a new userPassword for
the entry via LDAP. Verify that the new password was set and the
krb5Key attributes were generated.

HTH,
Stefan

--