directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Ceritficate for StartTLS
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 14:35:37 GMT
Hi Beat,

Beat Burgener | NetSuccess GmbH wrote:
> Matthias,
>
> what tool do you use to connect to Apache DS? I use Apache Directory
> Studio, and AFAIR,
> there was an error if the certificate does not match the FQDN.
>
> However, connecting either using LDAPS on Port 636 or via StartTLS on
> port 389, I don't get an error.
> I don't konw of a way to display the certificate details of a connection
> in the AD Studio though ...

Studio 1.5 includes certificate validation and makes it possible to view
certificate details of manually trusted certificates (I just realize
that it is not possible to view details of valid certificates, btw). The
manually trusted certificates are listed in Preferences -> Apache
Directory Studio -> Connections -> Certificate Validation.

Kind Regards,
Stefan