directory-users mailing list archives

From werner mueller <werner.muel...@mimacom.ch>
Subject Re: apacheds not starting anymore after server crash
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:37:00 GMT
Emmanuel LŽcharny schrieb:
> werner mueller a écrit :
>> hello
>>
>> I'm a little desparate at the moment: we had a server crash. after
>> rebooting the server i tried starting the apacheDS again but it
>> terminates with an Input/output error in the logs (see below).
>>
>> is there a way to repair the database or re-initialize it?
> The only way is to remove all the .db/.lg files and to reinject all the
> data into the server. In other words, starting back from a backup :/
>
> We are working on a DSR system (Disaster Recovery System) in order to be
> able to restore a base when it has crashed like that, it will be present
> in 2.0.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience ...

hello

thanks for the reply!

i was a little scared because the backups where all hot copies of the
running server. but an older version did the job! the server came up
running again!

it turned out the schema was broken in apacheds/data-default/schema/cn.db
that file could not even be copied anymore on the system itself (same
input/output error.

can't wait for version 2.0 :-)

best regards

werner