directory-users mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PostgreSQL as backend
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 15:58:11 GMT
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:30 AM, David R Robison <
drrobison@openroadsconsulting.com> wrote:

> Does Apache Directory Server support Virtual Directories?

Not yet but it can easily be altered in the code to do so.

> How would I expose my data through LDAP?

You can have a partition implemented to show your data in your db as a
branch in your DIT if you go with ApacheDS.  Just write the partition to
expose some hierarchy for your data after querying it and caching the db
data.

I can go into details if you like but we'd have to offline this conversation
since it's a bit more specific to your situation rather than mainstream to
this list.

Alex

--
Alex Karasulu