directory-users mailing list archives

From RNa...@osc.state.ny.us
Subject Re: APACHE DS 1.5.5 Embedded - Updating multi values attributes with nulls
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:45:03 GMT
Hi,

The attibuteType description is as below. email2 is our application name
we use, but actually while updating the ldap we use the ibm-otherEmail
attribute name

dn:
m-oid=2.16.840.1.113730.3.2.2.1.14,ou=attributeTypes,cn=other,ou=schema
objectClass: metaTop
objectClass: metaAttributeType
objectClass: top
m-collective: FALSE
m-description: user groups
m-equality: caseIgnoreMatch
m-name: ibm-otherEmail
m-nousermodification: FALSE
m-obsolete: FALSE
m-oid: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.2.2.1.14
m-singlevalue: FALSE
m-syntax: 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
m-usage: USER_APPLICATIONS

The behaviour is same for all other multivalues attributes we have
configured for the users in the Embedded LDAP

The LDAP context is initialised with below parameters. In Spring LDAP we
use the class DirContextOperations for context, Spring does the
initialisation for us with below parameters.

local.ldap=APACHEDS
local.ldap.url=ldap://localhost:20389
local.ldap.base=dc=portal,dc=osc,dc=state,dc=ny,dc=us
local.ldap.basedn=uid=admin,ou=system
local.ldap.password=secret

Ramesh Nakka
Websphere Portal Consultant
Mobile#  1-248 835 9758
Office# 1-518-408-4457
rnakka@osc.state.ny.us
rameshbabu_nl@yahoo.com

Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
12/15/2009 01:35 PM
Please respond to
users@directory.apache.org

users@directory.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: APACHE DS 1.5.5 Embedded - Updating multi values attributes with nulls

RNakka@osc.state.ny.us a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> The Context is actually initialised, but here I depicted just for
> illustration purposes. We have a context initialised by Spring and we
use
> the initialised context.

How is it initialized ? Which is the base ?
> email2 is a multi values User attribute which we use to store secondary
> email ids for a user

Can you provide the AttributeType description for this email2 element ?

Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
contents of this information.