directory-users mailing list archives

From RNa...@osc.state.ny.us
Subject Re: APACHE DS 1.5.5 Embedded - Updating multi values attributes with nulls
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:18:16 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

The Context is actually initialised, but here I depicted just for
illustration purposes. We have a context initialised by Spring and we use
the initialised context.

email2 is a multi values User attribute which we use to store secondary
email ids for a user

Regards
Ramesh Nakka
Websphere Portal Consultant
Mobile#  1-248 835 9758
Office# 1-518-408-4457
rnakka@osc.state.ny.us
rameshbabu_nl@yahoo.com

Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
12/15/2009 01:13 PM
Please respond to
users@directory.apache.org

users@directory.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: APACHE DS 1.5.5 Embedded - Updating multi values attributes with nulls

RNakka@osc.state.ny.us a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi,
> We are using APACHE DS 1.5.5 in embedded mode for testng tests. During
> some of our tests , we  are trying  to update a User's multi valued
> attributes
>
> If we pass not null values, then the attributes are updated with out any

> problem.But if we pass a null value or an empty list we get a null
pointer
> exception and the attribute is not updated. Please find the exception
> trace attached below.
>
> This was working in APACHE DS 1.5.4 ( NOT embedded version) server
>
> We are using Spring LDAP 1.3 API to connect and perform operations on
the
> embedded APACHE DS from testng.
>
> We tried two ways to update the multi valued attribute (email2) with a
> null. Our goal is to not have any values in the multi valued attribute
> (email2)
>
> 1. Trying to remove the attribute from user in APACHE DS, as its desired

> to be null
>
>         DirContextOperations context;
>         context.removeAttributeValue("email2", oldValuesArray);

The context is not initialized to anything... Is it normal ?

Also what is the email2 definition ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,

Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
contents of this information.