directory-users mailing list archives

From RNa...@osc.state.ny.us
Subject Re: APACHE DS 1.5.5 Embedded - Updating multi values attributes with nulls
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:41:44 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

Any update on this ?

Ramesh Nakka
Websphere Portal Consultant
Mobile#  1-248 835 9758
Office# 1-518-408-4457
rnakka@osc.state.ny.us
rameshbabu_nl@yahoo.com

RNakka@osc.state.ny.us
12/15/2009 03:18 PM
Please respond to
users@directory.apache.org

cc

Subject
Re: APACHE DS 1.5.5 Embedded - Updating multi values attributes with nulls

Hi Emmanuel,

I tried with your suggestion, changing the m-syntax to
1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26 the spcified one, but there is NO change in
the behaviour

Ramesh Nakka
Websphere Portal Consultant
Mobile#  1-248 835 9758
Office# 1-518-408-4457
rnakka@osc.state.ny.us
rameshbabu_nl@yahoo.com

Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
12/15/2009 01:54 PM
Please respond to
users@directory.apache.org

RNakka@osc.state.ny.us a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> The attibuteType description is as below. email2 is our application name

> we use, but actually while updating the ldap we use the ibm-otherEmail
> attribute name
>

> dn:
> m-oid=2.16.840.1.113730.3.2.2.1.14,ou=attributeTypes,cn=other,ou=schema
> objectClass: metaTop
> objectClass: metaAttributeType
> objectClass: top
> m-collective: FALSE
> m-description: user groups
> m-equality: caseIgnoreMatch
> m-name: ibm-otherEmail
> m-nousermodification: FALSE
> m-obsolete: FALSE
> m-oid: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.2.2.1.14
> m-singlevalue: FALSE
> m-syntax: 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15

The 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 syntax does not allow you to store
null values into the entry, per RFC 4517, 3.3.6 :

"A value of the Directory String syntax is a string of **one** or more
   arbitrary characters from the Universal Character Set (UCS) [UCS].  A
   zero-length character string is not permitted.  The LDAP-specific
   encoding of a value of this syntax is the UTF-8 encoding [RFC3629] of
   the character string.  Such encodings conform to the following ABNF:

      DirectoryString = 1*UTF8

   The <UTF8> rule is defined in [RFC4512].
      Example:
         This is a value of Directory String containing #!%#@.

   Servers and clients MUST be prepared to receive arbitrary UCS code
   points, including code points outside the range of printable ASCII
   and code points not presently assigned to any character.

   Attribute type definitions using the Directory String syntax should
   not restrict the format of Directory String values, e.g., by
   requiring that the character string conforms to specific patterns
   described by ABNF.  A new syntax should be defined in such cases.

   The LDAP definition for the Directory String syntax is:

      ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 DESC 'Directory String' )..."

You should use another Syntax, like IA5 String
(1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26) which allows null values.

Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
contents of this information.