directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS causing very high load
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 15:21:29 GMT
Ioannis Mavroukakis a écrit :
> Hey fellow listers.
Hi Ioannis,

if you get 100% loaded CPU the it might be MINA which is the problem.
There is a painful bug in the way the JVM handle epoll, and in certain
conditions, it jump to 100% CPU and never goes down. It seems to be a
problem when a connection is opened, and closed before the selector can
see the close : the select() methods returns at least one selectedKey,
but as the connection has been closed, it does nothing but loop again
(as you can imagine, the loop is infinite).

There is a fix for that, but it's experimental, in MINA branch
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/branches/select-fix/. I will commit
this fix immediately in the MINA trunk, and you'll be able to bump up
the MINA version to 2.0.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT in ADS.

Not sure though that it's really your problem.