directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apacheds not starting anymore after server crash
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:09:09 GMT
werner mueller a écrit :
> hello
>
> I'm a little desparate at the moment: we had a server crash. after
> rebooting the server i tried starting the apacheDS again but it
> terminates with an Input/output error in the logs (see below).
>
> is there a way to repair the database or re-initialize it?
The only way is to remove all the .db/.lg files and to reinject all the
data into the server. In other words, starting back from a backup :/

We are working on a DSR system (Disaster Recovery System) in order to be
able to restore a base when it has crashed like that, it will be present
in 2.0.

Sorry for the inconvenience ...