directory-users mailing list archives

From Craig Setera <cr...@mfoundry.com>
Subject Replication options in 1.5.5?
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 19:56:15 GMT
Hello,

We are building a solution out around version 1.5.5 of Apache DS.  As
we've been developing the solution, I had assumed replication was
working based on the commented-out sections in server.xml.  Last night I
came to the realization that Mitosis is "out" and that the team is
moving to Syncrepl in the 2.0 timeframe.

While I see some of the syncrepl code in source control, am I correct in
my assumption that it isn't in working condition in the 1.5.5 release?
What option, if any, do we have for replication in version 1.5.5?  Is
there any way to bring mitosis "back to life" on top of 1.5.5?  (I've
read there were some problems in mitosis that might make it unsuitable
for production use).  At least in the short term a warm failover model
(using master-slave replication) might be reasonable for us.  Is there
any way to set that up in 1.5.5 with what is available?  While it isn't
my first choice, I'm in the process of completing a custom interceptor,
so I suppose a replication interceptor (for master/slave) might also be
an option.

I look forward to hearing any options that people might be able to provide.

Thanks,
Craig