directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: [Studio] nisNetgroupTriple: no equality matching rule
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 21:12:36 GMT
Hi Jason,

Jason Hamilton wrote:

> I'm new to the list so be gentle :-)

Hey, we are always gentle :-)

> I have no trouble manually applying an ldif or even via phpLDAPadmin to
> modify nisNetgroupTriple entries in my LDAP tree. When I attempt to add
> or modify then from Directory Studio I get the following:
> Error while executing LDIF
> - [LDAP: error code 18 - modify/add: nisNetgroupTriple: no equality
> matching rule]
> I'm running the latest build of Directory Studio 1.5 on x86_64, with
> OpenLDAP 2.4.18 on CentOS. I thought I heard murmurs on the Internet of
> a fix for this in studio at v1.5.5 but perhaps I dreamed that :-p

Well, you are dreaming regarding "v1.5.5" because the newest version is
"v1.5.1" :-P

To fix your issue you could change the "Modify Mode" for attributes with
"no equality matching rule" in the connection properties [1]. For
OpenLDAP you should use the option "Always REPLACE".

Kind Regards,

View raw message