directory-users mailing list archives

From "Saavedra, Gisella" <gsaave...@zebra.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] authenticating various types of users
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:54:27 GMT

I have installed ApacheDS 1.5.5 and created various users. My plan is to have a test environment
using ApacheDS for authenticating users.

After searching the ApacheDS site and 'goggle'ing, I could not find a way to create the following
scenarios:
. a user whose password has expired
. a user whose account has expired
. a user whose account has been disabled
. a user whose account is locked

I found the following page:
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/account-and-password-policy-management.html

but no references about how to add this feature.  I did not see the control as part of the
supportedControl list.

In any case, if the Password Policy is not available, is there a way to create the scenarios
mentioned above without using custom schema attributes?

I would appreciate any input.  Thanks.

- CONFIDENTIAL-

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged.
 If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this
message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
email and then delete this email.