directory-users mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi UserAdmin and Apache DS
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:54:24 GMT
James,

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 8:26 AM, James Peltzer <jpeltzer@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> When I have searched for an LDAP-server-backed implementation of the OSGi
> UserAdmin service, I keep finding year-old (or older) posts on this list
> about people 'getting ready' to implement it.
>
> It's now November of 2009 and I was wondering if any progress has been made
> on this?
>
> I have an OSGi project with a requirement to use an LDAP-backed server for
> managing user account information but I prefer to use OSGi services where
> possible.
>
> If anyone is aware of an implementation of UserAdmin that is LDAP-backed
> but is separate from Apache DS, that would be worth knowing too.
>
> Thanks for any info you can provide,

There really is no other UserAdmin, or ConfigAdmin service backed by LDAP
minus the prototypes we worked on a while back.  We certainly want to do
this but there is little to no bandwidth at the moment.  Implementing it is
easy for most of us at Directory but we just need the time and at the
present moment we're all trying to make ends meat.  Feel free to get
involved and work on this with us.

Kind Regards,
Alex

--