directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Starting the Server
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:27:53 GMT
Ersin ER wrote:
> One of the strengths of ApacheDS is its embeddable architecture. It's also
> very modular so that you can even turn it into something really different
> from an LDAP server.
>
> In order to embed it into your own app, you can check:
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/41-embedding-apacheds-into-an-application.html

I just updated the page for ApacheDS 1.5.5. It should visible within the
next hour.

> You may also check the startup scripts installed with the distribution
> package to see how it's started with java -jar ...

Another option is to download the zip or tar.gz archive. It contains a
simple start scirpt (apacheds.sh or apacheds.bat) where you could see
how it is started with java -jar.

> 2009/11/28 Darko Hojnik <hojnik@virtualizing.org>
>> It is possible to ApacheDS with another Wrapper? Maybe with JSVC. Starts as
>> Root runs as User. To get them on Port 389.

I think the recommended approach is to use port forwarding from 389 to
10389:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-users/200805.mbox/%3Ca32f6b020805220904r1fd4f820s8f026494e785b273@mail.gmail.com%3E

Kind Regards,
Stefan