directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: Starting the Server
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:27:53 GMT
Ersin ER wrote:
> One of the strengths of ApacheDS is its embeddable architecture. It's also
> very modular so that you can even turn it into something really different
> from an LDAP server.
> In order to embed it into your own app, you can check:

I just updated the page for ApacheDS 1.5.5. It should visible within the
next hour.

> You may also check the startup scripts installed with the distribution
> package to see how it's started with java -jar ...

Another option is to download the zip or tar.gz archive. It contains a
simple start scirpt ( or apacheds.bat) where you could see
how it is started with java -jar.

> 2009/11/28 Darko Hojnik <>
>> It is possible to ApacheDS with another Wrapper? Maybe with JSVC. Starts as
>> Root runs as User. To get them on Port 389.

I think the recommended approach is to use port forwarding from 389 to

Kind Regards,

View raw message