directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: replication and xsd questions
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:45:23 GMT
Konrad Dzwinel wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,
>  I'm creating small app creating configuration files for ldap servers.
> It is focused on replication. I'd like my app to support apacheds. I
> can't really find much in apacheds documentation because most of it
> starts (and/or ends) with 'work in progress'. I have two fast
> questions:
>
> 1) does mitosis support replication of `subtrees` - specified DITs? In
> default server.xml file, I can see only whole ldap tree being
> replicated.

Mitosis has been removed from the latest version, and won't  be back in
the future versions. We are now implementing RFC 4533 (Syncrepl) and
will be compatible with OpenLDAP soon. The idea is to base our
replication system on a known solution which has already been proven.

Expect it te be ready in the next few months.
> 2) Is there a xsd file for server.xml? I'm planning on writing
> configuration file using xmlbeans. Is it a good approach?

Well, we are also planning to get rid of the XML version of the
configuration, to switch to a configuration in DIT. However, there is
already a XSD generated automatically for the current version. You'll
find it here :
/apacheds/xbean-spring/target/classes/apacheds-xbean-spring.xsd

Hope it helps...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com