directory-users mailing list archives

From "Sternath, Elmar (NSN - DE/Munich)" <elmar.stern...@nsn.com>
Subject Re: Imported schema not visible in list of available object classes
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 06:53:42 GMT
Hello,

Sorry first for having used the wrong mailing list for this topic. Yes, I tried reconnecting
from Studio to LDAP server. I also restarted the LDAP server several times. I also tried to
create different schemes, none of them appeared in the list of available schemes when creating
a new entry. It looks like I am missing to do something very basic.

Here is the ldif file of one of the schemas I have imported:

# Generated by Apache Directory Studio on 2. November 2009 19:48:21

# SCHEMA "EPSOUSUSER"
dn: cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: metaSchema
objectclass: top
cn: epsoususer
m-dependencies: inetorgperson

dn: ou=attributeTypes, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: attributetypes

dn: m-oid=2.16.840.1.113730.4.1.1, ou=attributeTypes, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: metaAttributeType
objectclass: metaTop
objectclass: top
m-oid: 2.16.840.1.113730.4.1.1
m-name: gid

dn: ou=comparators, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: comparators

dn: ou=ditContentRules, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: ditcontentrules

dn: ou=ditStructureRules, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: ditstructurerules

dn: ou=matchingRules, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: matchingrules

dn: ou=matchingRuleUse, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: matchingruleuse

dn: ou=nameForms, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: nameforms

dn: ou=normalizers, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: normalizers

dn: ou=objectClasses, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: objectClasses

dn: m-oid=2.16.840.1.113730.4.2.1, ou=objectClasses, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: metaObjectClass
objectclass: metaTop
objectclass: top
m-oid: 2.16.840.1.113730.4.2.1
m-name: epsOUSUser
m-supObjectClass: inetOrgPerson
m-must: gid

dn: ou=syntaxCheckers, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: syntaxcheckers

dn: ou=syntaxes, cn=epsoususer, ou=schema
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: syntaxes

Btw, when I try to open the connection I get the following error message:
Fehler beim Öffnen der Verbindung
 - [LDAP: error code 80 - OTHER: failed for     SearchReques
  javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 80 - OTHER: failed for     SearchRequest
        baseDn : '2.5.4.3=schema'
        filter : '(2.5.4.0=subschema)'
        scope : base object
        typesOnly : false
        Size Limit : no limit
        Time Limit : no limit
        Deref Aliases : deref Always
        attributes : 'createtimestamp', 'modifytimestamp'
: Cannot find syntax for attributeType null after walking ancestors.]; remaining name 'cn=schema'
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_search(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper$1.run(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:341)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper.runAndMonitor(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:1116)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper.checkConnectionAndRunAndMonitor(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:1047)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper.search(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:433)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.SearchRunnable.search(SearchRunnable.java:478)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ReloadSchemaRunnable.mustReload(ReloadSchemaRunnable.java:216)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ReloadSchemaRunnable.reloadSchema(ReloadSchemaRunnable.java:156)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.BrowserConnectionListener.openBrowserConnection(BrowserConnectionListener.java:115)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.BrowserConnectionListener.connectionOpened(BrowserConnectionListener.java:65)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.jobs.OpenConnectionsRunnable.run(OpenConnectionsRunnable.java:125)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.jobs.StudioConnectionJob.run(StudioConnectionJob.java:113)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

  [LDAP: error code 80 - OTHER: failed for     SearchRequest
        baseDn : '2.5.4.3=schema'
        filter : '(2.5.4.0=subschema)'
        scope : base object
        typesOnly : false
        Size Limit : no limit
        Time Limit : no limit
        Deref Aliases : deref Always
        attributes : 'createtimestamp', 'modifytimestamp'
: Cannot find syntax for attributeType null after walking ancestors.]

Hope you can help me out anyway,
Elmar