directory-users mailing list archives

From Gaetano Pepe <pepe_gaet...@live.it>
Subject Error: The directory service is not available
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:17:48 GMT

Hi

I use apache directory server and I would add a new user ....I use Visual Studio and mx OS
is windows vista.
the code is this:

public static void prova(string FullName)
        {
            DirectoryEntry container;
            DirectoryEntries ChildEntry;

            container = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://localhost:389/ou=users,ou=system,dc=example,dc=com",
"uid=admin,ou=system", "secret");

            try
            {

                ChildEntry = container.Children;
                DirectoryEntry NewEntry = ChildEntry.Add("cn=" + FullName, "user");
                NewEntry.CommitChanges();
                NewEntry.Close();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                throw new Exception("Error " + ex.Message);
            }
         }

The problem is that I have this type of error:The directory service is not available.
I tried changing the port with the 10389 but I'm still the same error.
 The server I think it works, I've tested with apache directory studio.
I hope in your help.

Sincerely
Pepe Gaetano

Nuovo Windows 7: trova il PC più adatto alle tue esigenze. Scopri di più.
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop