directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Install on Eclipse Galileo SR1 Mac: org.apache.directory.studio.rcp.feature.feature.group not found
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:36:41 GMT
Hi Ringo,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Ringo De Smet <ringo.desmet@gmail.com>wrote:

> Pierre-Arnaud,
>
> 2009/9/28 Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net>:
> >
> > I believe that's a bug of the Cocoa version. Personnaly, I'm still
> running
> > the Carbon implementation, I find the Cocoa version a little buggy and
> very
> > well implemented in terms of UI... :(
>
> Can you make sure that you file a bug at Eclipse.org if there isn't any
> yet?

Yep, I'm going to look if there's not already a bug open about this.

> BTW, "very well implemented in terms of UI". Was this with your
> sarcastic mode on or did you just type something wrong here? ;-)

As Emmanuel said, I find the carbon version much more stable. I've had
several crashes with the Cocoa version. Even some where the app whould not
start at all after installing Subclipse for example.
The widgets implementation on the Cocoa version still needs some work to get
to the level it is with the Carbon one. TableViewer especillay looks "ugly"
in the Cocoa version.

Now, that's a really a good thing that the Eclipse foundation is going on
Cocoa and 64 bits. It follows Apple's move with Snow Leopard.

I just think that I'll wait maybe for Eclipse 3.6 before moving to the Cocoa
version.

Pierre-Arnaud