directory-users mailing list archives

From Cody Burleson <c...@burlesontech.com>
Subject Replication - How can we do it?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:02:22 GMT
Hey friends,

In looking at the documentation on the Apache DS site, it seems to suggest
that there was some Multi-Master Replication built into version 1.5. We
would like to start working with that feature, but there is just no
documentation that I can find about how. The replication page here just says
"To be added...":
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/72-replication.html

Does anyone know if this feature is just too immature to begin working with?
Whether or not there is another way to access some documentation about it?

Mainly, our issue is that we really want to start using Apache DS in a
limited manner, but cannot unless we can assure some kind of fault tolerance
and redundancy. If we hook multiple apps to one LDAP server and it goes
down, we're hosed. So we are assuming that the logical way around this
scenario is replication. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone might provide.

- Cody