directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Batch Operation Wizard
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 22:44:26 GMT
Hi Dan,

Dan Brown wrote:
> I am using the user guide to help with the batch operation wizard for some users, but
unfortunately it is not completed and what I am after is not there.

> I need to add an attribute to 300 user which is the UID and then enter there username.
I can't figure out the syntax to allow it to input the username as the UID.

> Any help would be great as I will also have to add 3 attributes with different inputs
to 2000 users and this is a great bit of software.

Unfortunately this is not possible yet.

Using the batch operation wizard you could only add the _same_ attribute
and value to a bunch of users. It is not possible to add dynamic
attributes (e.g. derived from existing attributes of an user).

We have an open issue about that, see [1]. Any contribution is welcomed :-)

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-212