directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Integer Editor does not accept negative numbers
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:50:17 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> I think, at least, we need to state in the documentation that "the Integer
> Value Editor only allows edition of integer values between -2,147,483,648
> and +2,147,483,647, and for values outside of that range, the use of the
> In-Place Value Editor is recommended.".
>
> We can also try to implement a custom spinner which is based on a long, but
> it won't be as good as the default SWT Spinner widget (especially in terms
> of appearance an behavior on all platforms).

I think that isn't worth to create a new spinner widget.

My idea is to have s simple text field instead of the spinner with an
attached regex check. We already have something similar for the input of
the port number in the connection wizard.

I see two options for that:
- either to have a dialog containing this text field. This is super easy
to imlement.
- or to extend the normal In-Place value editor, so that is does only
accept numeric values. This would avoid an dialog popup.

Thoughts?

Stefan