directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Integer Editor does not accept negative numbers
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:44:36 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> I think, at least, we need to state in the documentation that "the Integer
> Value Editor only allows edition of integer values between -2,147,483,648
> and +2,147,483,647, and for values outside of that range, the use of the
> In-Place Value Editor is recommended.".
>
> We can also try to implement a custom spinner which is based on a long, but
> it won't be as good as the default SWT Spinner widget (especially in terms
> of appearance an behavior on all platforms).

Well, it may be just me, but I never liked the spinner widget to add
numbers. Usually, when I inject a number into an entry, I know exactly
which value I will put into it, and I prefer typing it. It's not like
you have a limited number to select (like a percentage).

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org