directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Integer Editor does not accept negative numbers
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 07:28:15 GMT
Hi James,

James Lentini wrote:
> The Integer Editor, the default editor for attributes using the
> Integer syntax (1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27), doesn't allow negative
> numbers. Section 3.3.16 of RFC 4517 indicates that the Integer syntax
> allows negative numbers. Is this a know issue with the Integer Editor?

Yes, you are right. This is a bug.

Another issue: the RFC says "unlimited magnitude". However the integer
editor only accepts the Java integer range -2^31...2^31-1. To solve that
we need to remove the "spinner" widget we use and replace it with an
normal text field and check the content using a regular expression.

Kind Regards,
Stefan