directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unittesting
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 15:42:38 GMT
Hi Tom,

Tom wrote:
> I've downloaded DS1.5.5 and tried to setup a unittest as described at
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/42-using-apacheds-for-unit-tests.html
>
> I got all kind of missing classes. But I was not able to correc that,
> because the jars in the distribution do not match what's documented
> here. So I unpacked all jars in the distribution in order to find the
> correct jars, but many classes simply are not present, like "SiRunner".

Unfortunately the documentation is outdated.

> So I tried the next page in the tutorial (embedding a ApacheDS service),
> but this is not working because of the same problems; classes simply are
> not present (like "LdapService").

We renamed some classes, LdapService is now called LdapServer.

> How to can I run ApacheDS 1.5.5 as a server for unittesting LDAP code?

First I would suggest to use Maven. I helps with all the dependency
resolution.

I created a minimal example for my LDAPCon presentation. I put the
example to Github [1]. After the release of Studio 1.5.0 I'll try to
move that example to the wiki.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1]
http://github.com/seelmann/ldapcon2009-apache-directory/tree/master/ApacheDirectory/