directory-users mailing list archives

From Ringo De Smet <ringo.des...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Install on Eclipse Galileo SR1 Mac: org.apache.directory.studio.rcp.feature.feature.group not found
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:22:01 GMT
Emmanuel,

2009/9/29 Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org>:

> We discussed the issue yesturday with him (I'm just a Mac user when he is
> knees deep in Apple), and he just find the new eclipse cocoa version really
> lagging compared to carbon. Probably because it's new, and need a lot of
> improvement, which is excpeted to come in the next few months. Nothing comes
> for free...

I'm a user of Eclipse and Mac myself, and I don't really follow up on
the evolution of both up to the minute. It was only when I reported
the error that I became aware of the fact that I downloaded the Cocoa
version. I just noted Mac and 64bit on the Eclipse site, so went ahead
and downloaded that one as I'm running Snow Leopard. It worked, so I
didn't look or think further...

What puzzles me however, is an unmet dependency on the Studio side. Do
you use any platform specific widget stuff in Studio that is not
available in the Mac Cocoa SWT?

Greetz,

Ringo