directory-users mailing list archives

From "Korkmaz, Yakup" <Yakup.Kork...@ids-scheer.com>
Subject can't start the server in Apache Directory Suite
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:45:02 GMT
Hi,

For training purposes, I have downloaded the Apache Directory Studio binary installer and
installed the software. But I have some problems with it.

1)       Does Apache Directory Server come with the package and it is installed into my computer
within the single Apache Directory Suite installation? Or do I have to install the Apache
Directory Server manually by myself?

2)       After installation of Apache Directory Server, I created a new server and then tried
to create a connection inside it, but connection could not be established. I checked the newly
created server and it was stopped. I tried to start it but it could not be started and was
still seen as stopped. What may cause this problem, is it related with my first question that
additional Apache DS is required to be installed?

Thanks,

Yakup Korkmaz, Technical BPM Consultant | IDS Scheer Türkiye A.Ş.

Kore Şehitleri Cad. Yüzbaşı Kaya Aldoğan Sok. No:3 | TR-34394 Zincirlikuyu/İstanbul
| Tel: +90 212 347 6915 | Cell: +90 533 373 0828 | Fax: +90 212 347 6902 | www.ids-scheer.com.tr
<http://www.ids-scheer.com.tr/>  | email: yakup.korkmaz@ids-scheer.com

IDS Scheer Danışmanlık ve Bilgi Hizmetleri A.Ş.