directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Install on Eclipse Galileo SR1 Mac: org.apache.directory.studio.rcp.feature.feature.group not found
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 06:54:23 GMT
Ringo De Smet wrote:
> Pierre-Arnaud,
>
> 2009/9/28 Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net>:
>
>> I believe that's a bug of the Cocoa version. Personnaly, I'm still running
>> the Carbon implementation, I find the Cocoa version a little buggy and very
>> well implemented in terms of UI... :(
>>

> Can you make sure that you file a bug at Eclipse.org if there isn't any yet?
>
> BTW, "very well implemented in terms of UI". Was this with your
> sarcastic mode on or did you just type something wrong here? ;-)

Most probably sarcastic... (talking for Pierre-Arnaud)

We discussed the issue yesturday with him (I'm just a Mac user when he
is knees deep in Apple), and he just find the new eclipse cocoa version
really lagging compared to carbon. Probably because it's new, and need a
lot of improvement, which is excpeted to come in the next few months.
Nothing comes for free...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com