directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Null Pointer Exception while adding object class to schema
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:54:09 GMT
sumit goyal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of our installations of ApacheDS 1.5.4 threw the following error while
> adding an object class to schema. We have seen this error only once for our
> schema and are not sure what it means.
>
> Can someone pls guide us about the cause of this error.

Hi,

it's not a NPE, but most probably a concurrent access to some data
structure. Many fixes have been added since 1.5.4, and 1.5.5 has been
released at the end of august. I suggest you upgrade.

Now, I have no guarantee that it will fix your problem. What I can tell
is that I have spent one full month back in june tracking some
concurrent access problems, and hopefully have fixed some of them
(difficult to say if all have been fixed).

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org