directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] LDAP browser doesn't show dc=example, dc=com Tree for my new apacheds-1.5.5 deployment
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 05:57:10 GMT
Hi Robert,

Robert Kuhar wrote:
> That seems to have done the trick.  Trying to browse into the ou=Users
> on dc=example,dc=com produces a "Select Referral Connection" dialog that
> confuses me somewhat (something about "Please select a connection to
> handle referral
> ldap://openldap.example.com/uid=efermi,%20ou=Users,%20dc=example,dc=com")
> but cancelling that allows me to browse into the tree.

Oh, the LDIF contains three referral entries, just remove the last three
entries containing "objectClass: referral" from the LDIF.

In order to remove them from your ApacheDS, you need to change a
setting. Open the connection properties, tab "Browser Options" and
select "Show and Edit Referral Entries". Then the three referral entries
become visible below ou=Users and you could delete them.

Kind Regards,
Stefan