directory-users mailing list archives

From Robert Kuhar <robertku...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] LDAP browser doesn't show dc=example, dc=com Tree for my new apacheds-1.5.5 deployment
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:47:24 GMT
I am having difficulty figuring out why my deployment of apacheds-1.5.5 doesn't seem to have
dc=example,dc=com branch that appears in all the documentation.  The deployment and startup
of apacheds-1.5.5 to my machine went without a hitch.  I have confirmed that the service is
up and running and have successfully connected to it with the Apache Directory Studio as "uid=admin,ou=system"
using Simple Authentication.  The problem is that the resulting DIT in the LDAP browser shows
only...
DIT
 Root DSE (3)
   ou=schema (18)
   ou=system (5)

...the entry dc=example,dc=com that appears in all the documentation is absent.

My server.xml appears to have the partition for it...
   <partitions>
     <jdbmPartition id="example" cacheSize="100" suffix="dc=example,dc=com" optimizerEnabled="true"
syncOnWrite="true">

Does dc=example,dc=com not exist or can my user "admin" just not see it based upon how I set
up the connection?  The (3) on the end of "Root DSE" node would suggest that is the case,
but I can't figure out what I need to do to reveal this branch.  How I can get a Directory
Studio user connected to my LDAP server in such a way as to browse the dc=example,dc=com tree?
 Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Bob