directory-users mailing list archives

From Robert Kuhar <robertku...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] LDAP browser doesn't show dc=example, dc=com Tree for my new apacheds-1.5.5 deployment
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:27:22 GMT
Please excuse my ignorance, but I am having difficulty figuring out why my deployment of apacheds-1.5.5
doesn't seem to have dc=example,dc=com branch.

I have succeeded in deploying apacheds-1.5.5 to my machine and have confirmed that the service
is up and running.  I can connect to it with Apache Directory Studio as "uid=admin,ou=system"
using Simple Authentication.  The problem is that the resulting DIT in the LDAP browser shows
only...
DIT
  Root DSE (3)
    ou=schema (18)
    ou=system (5)

...the entry dc=example,dc=com that appears in all the documentation is absent.

My server.xml appears to have the partition for it...
    <partitions>
      <jdbmPartition id="example" cacheSize="100" suffix="dc=example,dc=com" optimizerEnabled="true"
syncOnWrite="true">

Does dc=example,dc=com not exist or can my user "admin" just not see it based upon how I set
up the connection?  I really need to figure out how I can get a Directory Studio user connected
to my LDAP server in such a way as to browse the dc=example,dc=com tree.  How do I proceed
from here?

Thanks in advance.

Bob