directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: can't start the server in Apache Directory Suite
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 13:32:47 GMT
Hi,

if you downloaded "Apache Directory Studio 1.4.0" everything is
included, no need to download and install the server separately. The
server is not installed on your computer, but you could setup and manage
the server complete from within the Studio. Please consult the user
guide [1] or see my blog [2] for details.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/apacheds/
[2] http://bit.ly/gVnu8

Korkmaz, Yakup schrieb:
> Hi,
>

> For training purposes, I have downloaded the Apache Directory Studio binary installer
and installed the software. But I have some problems with it.

> 1)       Does Apache Directory Server come with the package and it is installed into
my computer within the single Apache Directory Suite installation? Or do I have to install
the Apache Directory Server manually by myself?

> 2)       After installation of Apache Directory Server, I created a new server and then
tried to create a connection inside it, but connection could not be established. I checked
the newly created server and it was stopped. I tried to start it but it could not be started
and was still seen as stopped. What may cause this problem, is it related with my first question
that additional Apache DS is required to be installed?

<http://www.ids-scheer.com.tr/>  | email: yakup.korkmaz@ids-scheer.com