directory-users mailing list archives

From sumit goyal <sumit.goya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restting the password for admin user
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:52:09 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

I was able to start the ADS 1.5.4 server after changing
"allowAnonymousAccess" to true. I can connect to this server using apache
directory studio, without specifying any authentication.

But when i browse to an entry and try to change value of an attribute, I get
following error on studio. Looks like its a permission issue that I have hit
now.

Error while modifying value
 - [LDAP: error code 50 - INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS: failed for     Modify
Reques
  javax.naming.NoPermissionException: [LDAP: error code 50 -
INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS: failed for     Modify Request
        Object :
'0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1=tdsadmin,2.5.4.11=people,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=test,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=com'
            Modification[0]
                Operation :  replace
                Modification
    rdsisuseraccountlocked: 43265
: null]; remaining name 'uid=tdsadmin,ou=People,dc=test,dc=com'
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3008)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2946)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2752)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_modifyAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1452)
    at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_modifyAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:270)
    at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.modifyAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:187)
    at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper$2.run(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:494)
    at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper.runAndMonitor(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:1116)
    at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper.checkConnectionAndRunAndMonitor(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:1047)
    at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper.modifyEntry(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:534)
    at
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ModifyValueJob.modifyValue(ModifyValueJob.java:190)
    at
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ModifyValueJob.executeAttributeModificationJob(ModifyValueJob.java:90)
    at
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.AbstractAttributeModificationJob.executeNotificationJob(AbstractAttributeModificationJob.java:46)
    at
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.AbstractNotificationJob.executeAsyncJob(AbstractNotificationJob.java:43)
    at
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.AbstractEclipseJob.run(AbstractEclipseJob.java:101)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

  [LDAP: error code 50 - INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS: failed for     Modify
Request
        Object :
'0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1=tdsadmin,2.5.4.11=people,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=test,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=com'
            Modification[0]
                Operation :  replace
                Modification
    rdsisuseraccountlocked: 43265
: null]

Any ideas?

Regards
Sumit
Joan Crawford<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joan_crawford.html>
- "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I
spend."