directory-users mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kerberos password change libraries.
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:23:28 GMT
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:06 PM, CORUM, M E [AG/1000] <
m.e.corum@monsanto.com> wrote:

> We use VSJ from Quest (which bought Vintela VSJ - excellent software).
> As part of the VSJ Kerberos library, it has support for the "Change
> Password" protocol (which works quite well).

Yeah sounds like great software but I guess this is commercial tho right?

Acutally with we have most of what is needed to write an excellent MINA
based client.  All the PDU's are pretty much defined.  There are not that
many 2-3 maybe?

So it's very easy to provide such a client.  The annoying part is dealing
with a keytab file.

> I'm actually happy to hear
> that ApacheDS supports this.  What version of ApacheDS supports this
> protocol?

ApacheDS has this ability since day one of 1.0.  But it might have been
disabled in some recent releases.  We need to do much more with both KRB5
and ChangePW.

Alex

> Thanks,
>
> Mike Corum