directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Should we drop support for the Linux PPC version of Studio?
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:18:17 GMT
Hi Stefan,

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org>wrote:

> I think we could drop support for PPC. It's more worth to provide an RCP
> application for Cocoa and Windows 64-Bit in future.

As I said on the Jira, I'm not very pleased about the current implementation
of the Cocoa version of Eclipse.
My Cocoa Eclipse wouldn't restart after a fresh install of Subclipse when I
tested it, and the UI still feels like a work in progress to me. It's not as
unified as is the Carbon version.
So I think we'll stick with Carbon until Eclipse 3.6.

However, I was also wondering about a Windows 64 bit version... But as, I
don't have any machine to test it on, it would be very hard to know if we're
delivering a working app...
Someone can help us on that?

> There is always the options to download Eclipse for other platforms
> (PPC, HP-UX, Solaris, etc) and install the Studio plugins from the
> update site.

Oh yeah that's true. That's a good workaround for those users.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud