directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Should we drop support for the Linux PPC version of Studio?
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:37:12 GMT
Hi,
As I'm currently going across DIRSTUDIO-523 (Update Eclipse dependencies to
version 3.5 Galileo), I'm wondering if it still make sense to support a
Linux PPC version of Studio.

Just like Apple is doing with Snow Leopard, I'd suggest we drop support of
this platform for the next version (1.5).

I don't think the ratio between the number of users using the version (if
any) and the time spent to maintain the internal repo with specific jars,
the size of the distribution on the repositories and during the release
process (uploading to the mirrors), is worth it...

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud