directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Cruel dilemma with Editor Open Mode in Studio
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:03:38 GMT
Hi Martin,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Martin Alderson <
Martin.Alderson@salfordsoftware.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm not a fan of pop-ups like this but I guess if it only shows up one time
> it isn't going to kill me.  It would be great to have a tab open the first
> time a version of Studio is run with a welcome page showing the release
> notes etc which would in this case include a note about this change in
> behaviour.  That way you don't have to dismiss it if you just want to do
> something.  I can imagine that people might want to open up the preferences
> themselves to see this option before dismissing the pop-up telling them
> about it, for example.

I really like this idea. Displaying the release notes and the noteworthy
changes is, indeed, something that could be interesting to do.

Does this mean that Studio will be capable of opening multiple entry editors
> at the same time?  That would be useful.

Exactly! ;)

> I wouldn't have thought this kind of option would be changed often enough
> by anyone to warrant it being on the toolbar.  I don't think it will bother
> me either way though.

That's also true.

Thanks a lot for feedback.

Regards,