directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Cruel dilemma with Editor Open Mode in Studio
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:40:08 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,
Thank you too for this fast feedback.

More inline.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org>wrote:

> All the eclipse applications I have used are opening elements when I
> double-click. I think that is the standard behavior, and we have diverged
> from this standard from day one.

Exactly, that's what is causing us these consistency issues.

> Now, when multiple entries are opened, we shoul dbe able to navigate
> through them when simple clicking on the entries (a bit like for the Java
> editor : when the classes are open, a simple click change the tab to the
> opened file.

That mechanism will work exactly the same in the LDAP Browser view if you
activate the "Link with editor" button, just like you did in the Java
perspective.
That's very handy.

> In any case, a preference to toggle the simple/double click is mandatory.

We already have that "General" preference page, but maybe we could add a
specific element in the toolbar for fast switching.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud