directory-users mailing list archives

From "CORUM, M E [AG/1000]" <m.e.co...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: Kerberos password change libraries.
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:06:47 GMT
We use VSJ from Quest (which bought Vintela VSJ - excellent software).
As part of the VSJ Kerberos library, it has support for the "Change
Password" protocol (which works quite well).  I'm actually happy to hear
that ApacheDS supports this.  What version of ApacheDS supports this
protocol?

Thanks,

Mike Corum

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Medeiros [mailto:bruno.medeiros@arcticlake.com]
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 10:55 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Kerberos password change libraries.

Hi there.

My question is not strictly about ApacheDS but I would like to present
it to this ML nonetheless. So, ApacheDS supports the Kerberos password
change protocol, but is there any Java library (non-commercial) that
allows you to make use of that functionality?
As far as I know JGSS/JAAS don't support that, and the only other Java
library I found that did is commercial.
So what is typically used in enterprise environments to do a Kerberos
change password (Java or otherwise)?

Regards,
Bruno Medeiros

prohibited.

by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible
for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries,
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.