directory-users mailing list archives

From Martin Alderson <Martin.Alder...@salfordsoftware.co.uk>
Subject RE: [Studio] add is done before delete on attribute value modification
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:51:21 GMT

OK, done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-513

> I have done much tests with multiple kind of directory servers and the
> current implementation works good. However I haven't considered the
> scenario you described. A change would cause a huge impact and requires
> testing with all kind of directory servers.

I think the best thing is to just do a replace operation for everything - that is what I assumed
it would do when I first started using Studio and that should have the greatest compatibility.
 A separate modify attribute command could then be added that would give you the ability to
specify which values are deleted and which are added (and maybe the order of the add/delete
too).  At the moment I think it's just a bit too smart for its own good ;)

Thanks,

Martin