directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Server 1.5.5 released
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:45:03 GMT
jfmelian@free.fr wrote:
>  Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>  > Apache Directory Server 1.5.5 released !
>  > ----------------------------------------
>  >
>  > The Apache Directory team is proud to announce that the long
>  expected
>  > 1.5.5 version has been released yesterday.
>  >
>  > Downloads are available at
>  > http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/downloads.html
>

> Migration from rev 772090 (snapshot 1.5.5) to 1.5.5
>
> We have embedded the server:
>
> - LdapService has been renamed to LdapServer : setTcpTransport and setEnableLdaps have
been removed
>    how to start ldap server now ?
>    below the code with LdapService
>
>       ldapService.setDirectoryService(service);
>       ldapService.setTcpTransport(new TcpTransport(iPort));
>       ldapService.setAllowAnonymousAccess(allowAnonymousAccess);
>       ldapService.setEnableLdaps(useSSL);
>
>       if (useSSL)
>       {
>          // to specify a certificate
>          // If not then auto generated certificate
>          if ((keyStorePath != null) && (keyStorePath.length() > 0))
>          {
>             ldapService.setKeystoreFile(keyStorePath);
>             if ((certificatePassword != null)
>                   && (certificatePassword.length() > 0))
>                ldapService.setCertificatePassword(certificatePassword);
>          }
>       }
>
>       service.setDenormalizeOpAttrsEnabled(true);
>
>       // And start the service
>       service.startup();
>       ldapService.start();

here is the way we start the server :

        // Start the directory service if not started yet
        directoryService.startup();

        // Start the LDAP server
        ldapServer.start();

You have to feed the Transports before, as they are launched in the
ldapServer.start() method :

    public void start() throws Exception
    {
        for ( Transport transport:transports )
        {
            if ( !(transport instanceof TcpTransport ) )
            {
                LOG.warn( "Cannot listen on an UDP transport : {}",
transport );
                continue;
            }

            IoFilterChainBuilder chain;

            if ( transport.isSSLEnabled() )
            {
                loadKeyStore();
                chain = LdapsInitializer.init( keyStore,
certificatePassword );
            }
            else
            {
                chain = new DefaultIoFilterChainBuilder();
            }

            ((DefaultIoFilterChainBuilder)chain).addLast( "codec",
                    new ProtocolCodecFilter(
this.getProtocolCodecFactory() ) );

            ((DefaultIoFilterChainBuilder)chain).addLast( "executor",
                    new ExecutorFilter(
                        new UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor(
transport.getNbThreads() ),
                        IoEventType.MESSAGE_RECEIVED ) );

            /*
             * The server is now initialized, we can
             * install the default requests handlers, which need
             * access to the DirectoryServer instance.
             */
            installDefaultHandlers();

            startNetwork( transport, chain );
        }

        started = true;
    }

(this is done automatically, you don't have to do anything but
instanciating the transports)

> - is Jetty mandatory ?
>    if not, jetty-6.1.14.jar, jetty-util-6.1.14.jar and apacheds-http-integration-1.5.5.jar
can be removed ?***

Kiran ?

> - where I can found apacheds-core-cursor-1.5.5.jar ?

It has been moved to shared-cursor-0.9.15

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org